6/21/2015

A Reminder To The Future Soberer Me

I let my guard down, how stupid.
All of the sweet smiles and lies made me believe,
I felt like I belonged and that, some how, by some stroke of luck; 
I had finally gained a family.
I got comfortable and I thought all was good.
Oh God, how I was wrong...
All the walls that I thought was secure, shattered.
The masks of happiness dropped,
and I was left alone crying and hurt.
I knew who I was dealing with, 
but I hoped people could change.
All I can do now is see where I made my mistakes,
and harden myself again once I reach the end of this bottle.
I refuse to make the same mistakes again.
I let my guard down, I was stupid,

1 comment:

  1. You know I felt dread when I saw you posted something new, because I noticed that you mainly post when something bad happened. And when I read this I knew something horrible must have happened, if you want to talk to anyone I do want you to know you can use me. Especially if it will help more than a bottle.

    ReplyDelete